Fair global trade everyone can believe in
FLOCERT is a leading global certification body. Besides providing sole certification to Fairtrade, FLOCERT also offers an array of services to support companies in sourcing on Fairtrade principles, where no Fairtrade Standard applies.
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT remains mission-driven and dedicated to working with all types of organizations, from small producers to internationally recognized brands, in order to promote fairness in global trade. Our accreditation as a “Social Enterprise” demonstrates our commitment to social business values.
With six international offices conducting business in over 120 countries, FLOCERT specializes in offering global reach with local expertise. For more information, visit us at www.flocert.net
FLOCERT is currently looking for a:
Fairtrade Certification Analyst – Francophone Africa (m/f/d)
- Job Share: Full-time (45 hrs. p.w.)
- Position is based in the FLO-Cert Office in Cape Town, South Africa
- The salary and benefit package depend upon qualifications and experience
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Valid work permit is required
FLOCERT is looking for an enthusiastic and business-oriented person who is willing to coordinate and to administer the Fairtrade certification of companies in assigned countries in Africa. The ability to deal with traders and producers of Fairtrade certified products and the availability to travel to assigned countries in Africa to perform Fairtrade audits, is required. Attention to detail, willingness to learn and work in a team are essential assets in this position. The person will be part of a dynamic and multi-cultural team which is responsible for the certification of Fairtrade customers in Africa.
- Manage the certifications of assigned traders and producers in the region.
- Evaluate operators for assigned products against Trade and Producer Standards.
- Answer requests of Traders and Producers from the region.
- Perform evaluations of audit reports against Fairtrade Trade and Producer Standards
- Perform Fairtrade audits of customers in assigned countries in assigned countries in Africa.
- Communicate actively with applicants and certified customers and assist them with all necessary information.
- Actively participate in the annual audit planning for assigned countries.
- Instruct customers on FLO Fairtrade requirements
- Identify special needs of Key Accounts and act as account manager.
- Answer trade and producer certification related questions.
- Answer Labeling Initiatives special requests.
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and training of Auditors.
- Assist in constant improvement of certification processes.
- Proactively offer services in support of certification to operators.
- University level education (or equivalent / professional education) in a relevant subject (Business, Marketing, Agronomy, Law, Economics, sociology, etc.).
- 2 years related business experience.
- Familiar with the certification systems (e.g. organic, FSC, MSC, SA8000, ISO 14001, etc) in particular with ISO 65 accreditation.
- Fluent in English and French oral and written.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A pro-active, hardworking and reliable individual and work style.
- Excellent communication skills, flexible, experience in dealing with different cultures.
- Strong dedication towards customer service.
- Strong computer literacy and ability to work with various applications.
- Motivation for Fairtrade and the expansion and marketing of FLOCERT services.
- Valid work permit for employment in South Africa
“Nice to have:”
- Prior experience in social or organic auditing.
- Knowledge of the agricultural sector in Africa.
- Knowledge in accounting and billing.
- The ability to communicate in other commonly used languages in Africa (including Portuguese).
How to apply
You can apply by submitting your application documents in English with curriculum vitae, reference letters or reference contact data as well as a motivation letter with salary indication.
Please note that only people with a valid South African work permit will be considered for this role. Only those applicants invited for an interview, will be contacted.