Fair global trade everyone can believe in
FLOCERT is a leading global certification body. Besides providing sole certification to Fairtrade, FLOCERT also offers an array of services to support companies in sourcing on Fairtrade principles, where no Fairtrade Standard applies.
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT remains mission-driven and dedicated to working with all types of organizations, from small producers to internationally recognized brands, in order to promote fairness in global trade. Our accreditation as a “Social Enterprise” demonstrates our commitment to social business values.
With six international offices conducting business in over 120 countries, FLOCERT specializes in offering global reach with local expertise. For more information, visit us at www.flocert.net
FLOCERT is currently looking for a: Certification Analyst US
- Job Share: 40hrs
- Position is based in the FLO-CERT Office in Frederick, Maryland, United States.
- The salary and benefit package depend upon qualifications and experience
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Valid United States work permit is required
FLO-CERT is looking for a business-oriented person who is willing to coordinate and to administer the Fairtrade certification of companies in assigned countries. The ability to deal with high profile traders and the availability to travel to assigned countries to perform Fairtrade audits is required. The attention to detail, willingness to learn and team work spirit are essential assets on this position. The person will be part of a multicultural team which is responsible for the certification of Fairtrade customers in Europe.
- Act as account manager for assigned customers, primarily in the United States & Canada.
- Perform evaluations of audit reports against Fairtrade Trade Standards.
- Onboard new Fairtrade customers by guiding them through our application process.
- Communicate actively with applicants and certified customers and assist them with all necessary information including trade certification related questions.
- Actively participate in the annual audit planning for assigned countries.
- Instruct customers on FLO Fairtrade requirements.
- Participate in projects as team member.
- Assist in support of relevant National Fairtrade Organizations.
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and training of Auditors.
- Assist in constant improvement of certification processes.
- University level education (B.A. or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Food Science, Business, Agronomy, Economics, Languages, etc.).
- At least 5 years of related professional work experience in an office and customer orientated environment.
- 1 year of experience in certification systems including auditing (e.g. organic, FSC, MSC, SA8000, ISO 14001, etc.) in particular with ISO 65 accreditation or 2 years related business experience.
- Fluent in English and French oral and written.
- Flexible, pro-active and hard-working work style.
- Ability to travel for business on a regular basis.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in dealing with different cultures.
- Strong dedication towards customer service.
- Motivation for Fairtrade.
“Nice to have”
- Fluent in German and/ or Italian and/ or Dutch and/ or Spanish oral and written.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management Tools.
- Business experience in international trade.
- Work experience in food processing industry.
- Work experience with clients in the region and knowledge on the Fairtrade Trade Standard.
How to apply
You can apply by submitting your application documents in English with curriculum vitae, reference letters or reference contact data as well as a motivation letter with salary indication.
Please note that only people with a valid United States work permit will be considered for this role. Only those applicants invited for an interview, will be contacted.