The freelance Over-the-Phone Interpreter – French Speaking will facilitate communication for limited English proficient (LEP) community members and practitioners that serve them in a variety of settings to include medical, court, educational, financial, insurance, etc. This is a flexible work from home contract and an opportunity to expand your interpreting business.
STRATUS VIDEO is a technology-driven company that is changing the way patients and medical professionals connect across all areas of health care. At Stratus, our opportunity to strengthen the connection between technology and human interaction is what inspires us. Stratus built its foundation in the language services industry by innovating various remote interpretation services that include onsite, video and audio interpreters. Stratus has leveraged its existing technology into a telehealth division aimed at improving patient care while reducing hospital costs. Led by a team of dedicated individuals with decades of experience in the health care and technology markets, Stratus Video is committed to enabling visual communications and vital conversations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective audioremote interpreting service for consumers.
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including punctuality, preparedness for shifts and respectful
- Participate in ongoing quality assurance and call monitoring programs
- Adhere to interpreter ethical standards and procedural requirements specific to interpreting context (i.e. hospital, courts, schools, etc.)
- Fluent and have strong verbal communication skills in both the source and target language (i.e., French-to-English or vice-a-versa)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of audio medical interpreting experience
- Credentialed in medical interpreting (i.e.: Bridging the Gap, MiTio, Cross-Cultural training, 40 hour accredited medical courses) – preferred but not required
- Proven medical training with certification, certificate or license is preferred but not required
- Must have a strong aptitude in customer service and medical interpreting.
- Respect for and understanding of our Limited English Proficient (LEP) clients, culture, dialect and beliefs and preferences as it relates to legal procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of code of ethics and standards of practice (IMIA, NBCMI and NCIHC)
- Familiarity with the medical profession and its privacy laws (HIPAA) as well as other state and federals laws applied to medical interpreting. Spoken Language
Advanced medical terminology knowledge include, but not limited to:
Cardiac, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Oncology, Gastro, Neurovascular, Neuromuscular, Immune Disease, Hypertension, Wound Care, Pediatrics, Births, Medical Conditions, Procedures, General Surgery Terms, Treatment Plans, Medications/Instructions, Medical Equipment, Rehabilitation, Anatomy, Pain Assessment, Symptoms, Discharge Assessment/Plans and etc.