At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
For our Product Introduction (PI) organization in Switzerland we are looking for a dedicated and flexible Field Engineer. In order to ensure the efficient introduction into service of new, complex trains, it is necessary to perform curative maintenance activities during the guarantee phase. The role of the function is to support reliability growth by performing in depth investigations on train subsystems and developing remote diagnostic alerts. (Bombardier Fleet monitor).
During warranty phase:
- Develop and acquire system knowledge by participating to technical reviews, testing and troubleshooting activities;
- Develop diagnostics and repair cases for the train digital troubleshooting guide;
- Diagnose and detail new faults within the system and adapt diagnostic tools;
- Conduct Field Investigations on complex issues and report to Eng and supplier, proposal of new solutions;
- Develop IT Tools for preventive maintenance (data analysis, condition-based maintenance);
- Document, collect and store information relating to material defects, in order to search for solutions to the technical problems encountered and develop continuous improvement proposals in cooperation with the Engineering team;
- Develop and share acquired knowledge with the rest of the team (training).
- Higher Education in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or Mechanics/Robotics;
- 3-5 years relevant professional experience in the area of command/control systems for railway vehicles, or similar complex industrial systems;
- Experience in remote diagnostics and condition-based maintenance
- Mobility and flexibility for assignments in Switzerland 20%;
- Programming skills are an asset: Excel (VBA), SQL, C ++ … etc;
- Fluent German and English are required for this position. French is an advantage.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.