Do you want a sysadmin job? Then sudo apt-get it. Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. Join our sysadmin team now.
Main Responsibilities are:
After few months of working for us many extra skill areas will appear on your CV:
- the principles of ITIL,
- working with popular virtualization technologies,
- working with DNS servers,
- identifying, understanding the principles of and counteracting DDOS attacks,
- the configuration and the use of Linux backup solutions,
- the basics of windows server administration,
- elements of bash scripting,
- elements of network diagnostics,
- working with clusters,
- the Solaris operating system.
You already know this all but want to dig deeper? Drop us a line, we have something for you too.
- supervise our monitoring systems and solve ongoing incidents,
- perform root cause analyses of selected problems,
- communicate with customers and vendors if need be,
- prepare old devices for decommissioning and configure new ones,
- arrange hardware upgrades in datacentres,
- perform software updates and other maintenance activities on standalone servers and clusters,
- create your own scripts for routine tasks,
- cooperate with higher tiers to diagnose and solve connectivity issues.
Key Requirements and Competencies:
- at least 1 year of experience administering Linux or Solaris servers (or relevant knowledge in case you lack experience),
- at least a high school diploma,
- English at the B2 level or higher,
- an RHCSA or a similar certificate (nice to have).
- Relocation package: We provide our employees coming from abroad the relocation package, which includes an extra bonus and an accommodation in hotel during your first month.
- cooperation with interesting international customers,
- great opportunity to integrate into the world of telecommunication technologies, automation and digitalization,
- multicultural working environment, colleagues from around the world so do not worry about not knowing Czech language,
- overall training with our mentors and team leaders and senior colleagues’ support is granted,
- professional and personal development, various internal academies with possible certification gain (CISCO, Project, Process, Technical, Language academies) and more specialized trainings (Prince2, ITIL v4, etc.),
- Sodexo CARD (meal vouchers), 25 days of vacation, work-life balance and more company events
Ostrava is the city with unique industrial atmosphere. Asking about cost of living? Don’t worry it is much cheaper here than in Prague. Saved money you can spend for our lovely Czech beer while you are out experiencing night life. You can enjoy a lot of cultural and sport activities and Czech gastronomy is definitely worth of trying. Our lovely mountains called Beskydy are just round the corner. Fancy a trip over the weekend? It only takes 3 hours to get to Prague by modern trains. Come and join us and experience the real OKIN spirit!
Would you like to know more? If you are interested, please send us your CV today!